One more hour

The doctors just switched off, which means there is only about one more hour to go.

I'll take a minute and tell you about the sweetest thing I've seen all day. Men are usually not known for being emotional or expressive. I got to look on as Katherine's dad spent a moment with her this morning before she left to go in for the surgery prep. Most often I have seen him talk excitedly about clocks, or just listen to everyone else in conversation, or make such funny jokes and observations. Today it was all love and concern and tenderness for his eldest daughter. It was a beautiful moment I'm sure they never wanted to have.

Comments

  1. I concur, that was a sweet, tender moment to witness. One I've never had the opportunity to share with my own dad (also an engineer).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts