As I suspected, I was a little optimistic about feeling so much better on Friday. Saturday I felt pretty awful again, but a "cheery visit" Saturday night helped distract me and made me feel much better. It's amazing what company can do - even for this introvert! :) On Sunday I left the house for the first time and went to church. I figured I could sit at church as well as I could sit at home. I didn't think about the energy I would need to take a shower and get ready for church, so when I arrived I was pretty tired. But I managed to stay awake the whole time and was coherent most of the time. I really enjoyed getting out to spend time worshiping and was glad to be there to share Elizabeth's last Sunday at Trinity.

Up until last night, I had been sleeping like this:
From August 5, 2011

From August 5, 2011

But last night, I was able to sleep on the couch - making progress!

I heard from my surgical oncologist today with the pathology report: They were able to get negative margins around the tumor, which means they got all the cancer in my breast.  The tumor was 2.6 cm, which is stage 2; originally it was thought that I had stage 1 cancer, but it doesn't seem like the difference in staging will affect much.  I won't know about chemo or tamoxifen until I meet with the medical oncologist on Aug. 23.  My surgical oncologist did seem certain that I won't need radiation, which is great news.  I'll go back to the plastic surgeon on Thursday and hopefully they'll remove the drains at this time.  I had hoped they could do that earlier since I'm not draining much at all, but Thursday is the earliest the doctor can see me.  I'm feeling pretty great, all things considered, and have been much cared for with gifts of food, service, time, and companionship.  I am so thankful to God for all His provision for me through you!  I am feeling a little overwhelmed with some random things going on, so prayers for continued peace are much appreciated.

I'll try to write more often as I have more and more awake periods.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts