Much of this post is not directly cancer-related, but these are some things I'm dealing with right now: 
  • My washing machine broke this week, full of water and a load of laundry, is too old to try to repair, and will be a little more challenging to replace because it has to be installed under the stairs.
  • Car maintenance and repair projects that should have been done over the course of time and now have to be done all at once = $$$.  Despite being the proud owner of the DVD Basic Car Maintenance for Pretty Hands, I had not kept up with it like I should.  I'm thankful to have my dad getting the maintenance taken care of for me, but am feeling pressed with these costs on top of non-stop medical bills.  I do have an emergency fund for precisely such circumstances.  I just never really thought I'd have to use it.
  • One of my best friends moved away yesterday.  I hesitate to even include this here, because her move is for a great job and opportunity that I would hate for her to miss out on and I know she hates leaving me right now, but I miss her already.  We had her famous cakeballs at Bible study tonight, but it just wasn't the same without her.
  • The word "chemo."  I have said all along that I could handle surgery and lots of other challenges cancer presents, but I absolutely do not want to have chemo.  And I haven't been told that chemo is something I need to have, but the idea has been presented.  
  • Situations involving others that I am not at liberty to share publicly, but that have me concerned, saddened, or discouraged. 
These have me feeling anxious and upset, and so I say to myself the Truth I believe:
  • "My God will meet all [my] needs, according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:19).
  • "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you" (Is. 26:3).
  • "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" (Col. 3:2). "So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matt. 6:31-34).
  • "The testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" (James 1:3-4). 
  • "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose" (Rom. 8:28).
  • "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thess. 5:16-18).
I appreciate your prayers along these same lines and please feel free to share other verses with me that might be encouraging.  I love the new community (AKA each of you!) this blog is affording me and the opportunity to allow others to bear my burdens, as the Bible calls us to (Gal. 6:2).  Many thanks to all who read it!

Comments

  1. Praying for these things. I thought about Bible study last night and definitely missed it. I know this is where I'm called to be right now, but it doesn't make leaving any easier. Lots of emails and phone calls are in store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want you to know that I'm thinking about you and that I'm so glad that we stopped by on our way to get Ian. It was a hectic trip for me, but it was so nice to see your smiling face. You have been so brave, and I'm so proud of you and how you're handling all of this and how you're blessing so many other people. Thanks for having the courage to share your heart. Love you, Karin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts