Slow Week

The past week was slow as far as progress made toward treating my breast cancer.  But I did meet with the plastic surgeon and decide on the type of reconstruction I'd like to have.  I'm going to get expanders put in at the time of my mastectomies, and every two weeks more fluid will be added to them, until I reach the size I want to be - inflatable boobs!!!  Are you jealous?  :)  The expanders go behind my pectoral muscle and stretch my skin to create a pocket for each implant.  The process will take several months, I think.  When my skin has stretched enough, the expanders will come out and the permanent implants will go in.  I was pleased with pictures I saw of my doctor's results and I'm hopeful mine will also be good.


As for a surgery date, I talked with my surgical oncologist on Friday and he would like to do the sentinel node removal on July 19 (my original surgery date) and do the mastectomies on July 26.  These dates are still tentative, as he hasn't confirmed with the plastic surgeon yet.


I ask for continued prayers for peace and rest in God's sovereignty as I surrender my ideas for my future to the reality I now have - knowing He will never leave me or ask me to walk a road that's too difficult for me.  Energy and focus are two other things I seem to be lacking right now.  Prayers for both are greatly appreciated!  Thank you for joining me in this difficult time.  You are God's greatest gifts to me!

Comments

  1. Inflatable boobs! What more could a girl want. :-)

    I'm glad you have some dates set now, that must be somewhat of a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Katherine, how you inspire me with your grace. Life is so intense. Thank you for sharing your courage. Love, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts