Jesus Calling

I love the daily devotional Jesus Calling.  This morning I sat down to read today's entry and realized I hadn't read yesterday's.  It was so appropriate for what I was going through yesterday that I had to share.

"Hope is a golden cord connecting you to heaven.  This cord helps you hold your head up high, even when multiple trials are buffeting you.  I will never leave your side, and I never let go of your hand.  But without the cord of hope, your head may slump and your feet may shuffle as you journey uphill with me.  Hope lifts your perspective from your weary feet to the glorious view you can see from the high road.  You are reminded that the road we're traveling together is ultimately a highway to heaven.  When you consider this radiant destination, the roughness or smoothness of the road ahead becomes much less significant.  I am training you to hold in your heart a dual focus: my continual presence and the hope of heaven."

1 Thess. 4:13-18
Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words."

Comments

  1. The verses that go with this reading are excellent too: Rom. 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
    Heb. 6:18-19... we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain (the presence of God).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I discovered it will let me post if I select anonymous. I guess those of us without URL's can do that and if we want to sign, put our name in the text. :-) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts