My latest treatment news involves the participation in the clinical trial I mentioned on Wednesday.  The clinical research center where I'm getting my shots and blood work done just moved from the main hospital into the building that adjoins my office building.  I am literally steps away!  Every Wednesday when it's time for my vaccine, I'll just pop over there and then come right back to work.  How convenient!  Just another little blessing.  :)  I had mentioned possible side effects to the vaccine, but didn't know whether or not to expect them right away.  I did develop quite a bit of muscle pain, as well as some itching, where they injected the vaccine into my upper arm.  It seemed to clear up overnight and I've been feeling good since Sunday.  It is expected that the side effects will get worse with each injection, a cumulative effect, but I'll find out Wednesday.

As for the inner part of me, one of the things at the forefront of my thoughts is the hope that the cancer hasn't spread to my lymph nodes.  If they find cancer after they do my sentinel node removal next Tuesday, much of my treatment (and maybe even my mastectomies) will be impacted.  Obviously that is a worst-case scenario.  I appreciate your prayers that I will be given the grace I need for each step of the way, recognizing that God gives us "our daily bread" and not necessarily strength to deal with something before we are called to do so.  I have more thoughts to share, but am too tired to write them now.

Always thankful...

Comments

Popular Posts