And So It Begins

Several people have suggested that I start a CaringBridge site to keep everyone up-to-date on what's happening with my breast cancer treatment.  I've been having trouble keeping up with all the wonderful emails everyone has been sending me and I wanted a way to respond to each one in a personal way.  Since I already had a blog (that has been sorely neglected for over a month now), I thought Blogger would be the venue I'd feel most comfortable using to express myself during this time.  I will post updates from my various doctors' appointments as I have them, but I'm also going to try to write about how this is all affecting me, so you can journey along with me.


You might think I chose a pretty strange name for this blog: "Just a Closer Walk."  I was struggling to come up with something that felt meaningful and fresh as I "begin this cancer journey."  As much as I love the concept of "journey" (I even named my dog Journey), it feels overused in reference to cancer.  I thought and thought about what to call this blog - naming is important to me - and finally a song popped into my head: "Just a Closer Walk with Thee."  This has been my prayer from the beginning, that God would use this unexpected difficulty to refine me, to show me more of Himself, and to bring great glory to Him.  Having breast cancer, especially at such a young age, seems to most people to be a tragedy, not to mention the genetic mutation that will cause me to live in the shadow of cancer the rest of my life.  But what this really is is just an opportunity to walk closer to God.  So this song resonated with me and the lyrics have become my prayer: "Just a closer walk with Thee...Grant it, Jesus, is my plea.  Daily walking close to Thee...Let it be, dear Lord, let it be."


I'm going to post the updates I've sent out by email so far, in case you're just now joining me and don't know everything that's happened so far.  Thank you so much for all the prayers, encouragement, service, and love you've shown me.  I am overwhelmed.  It's almost like I'm at my own funeral and am hearing all the nice things people thought about me - only I'm not dead!  A pretty sweet deal, if you ask me.  ;)

Comments

  1. Katherine, I think this is a great idea! Okay, I love, love, love the font! Is it new to Blogger or is it special to your theme. I'll be reading via RSS feed. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts