We Do Not Lose Heart


So we do not lose heart.

I am so thankful that the outer self is not all I have! If it were, the news I received yesterday afternoon would be much more discouraging. It turns out that Monday's scans show my cancer is on the prowl again. It's trying to infiltrate more of the vertebrae of my spine and lower back, with the tiniest precursor of something on one of my lungs. This isn't major progression, but it's enough that my oncologist thinks I need to switch to a new treatment (and today would have been my five-year anniversary of starting Ibrance - crazy timing).

I went into my appointment yesterday with so much peace and not a hint of worry or foreboding, unlike so many other times I've waited for scan results. This was an extra kindness because for once I was at my appointment alone. Because of COVID, only patients are allowed in, and it's been so hot and I felt so good that I didn't even ask Kevin to come and wait in the car. But God had prepared me beforehand. I had felt His reassurance. I knew He was with me in the exam room and that, unlike me or my oncologist, He knows all my days and seasons, and they are in His hands. 

Still, once I got into my car, I turned on those songs He had given me on Monday and cried and worshiped the whole way home. 
Woke up this morning And life as you know it
Looks nothing like the kind of life you knew before
All of a sudden Fear stole the headlines
And it don't feel safe to even step outside your door
In this world you will have trouble
But I have overcome the world
So take heart
Take a breath
Let Me lift that heavy weight up off your chest
Take My hand
I know it's looking dark
When the world falls all around you
I won't let you fall apart
Take heart
I hold your family, all your friends, and all your loved ones
And even when you're barely holding on
I'm holding you

I came to You with my heart in pieces
And found the God with healing in His hands
I turned to You, put everything behind me
And found the God who makes all things new
I looked to You, drowning in my questions
And found the God who holds all wisdom
And I trusted You and stepped out on the ocean
You caught my hand among the waves
'Cause You're the God of all my days
Each step I take
You make a way
And I will give You all my praise
My seasons change, You stay the same
You're the God of all my days

Slow down, take time
Breathe in, He said
He'd reveal what's to come
The thoughts in His mind
Always higher than mine
He'll reveal all to come
Take courage my heart
Stay steadfast my soul
He's in the waiting
He's in the waiting
Hold onto your hope
As your triumph unfolds
He's never failing
He's never failing

Do you feel the world is broken? (We do)
Do you feel the shadows deepen? (We do)
But do you know that all the dark won't stop the light from getting through? (We do)
Do you wish that you could see it all made new? (We do)

I know God is with me, that I can take courage, that my times are in His hands, that this world is broken but He is going to make all things new. And in the meantime, He's renewing my inner self, day by day.

I'm looking at a clinical trial for my next treatment and will post more details when I know the plan for sure.

Comments

  1. Oh sweetheart I am praying for you. I am lost for the right words. We were on the same road, you are now on a new road. You will find this new road is also going to take you on a long journey. Stay strong and believe God has you in the palm of his hand.
    I am here if you ever need to talk. ❤️��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex..My heart skipped a beat when I saw your post. Miss you and love you...Neena

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Alex! I'm so glad you're still staying the original course and I hope it continues working for you for a long time! I'll let you know how the path is up ahead. <3 Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Job 1:20 - 21
    Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”

    Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy. Spirit, have mercy.
    Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

    I am praising God for His constancy, even as I mourn your changing circumstances. You and Kevin are in my heart and my prayers. I am also praying for wisdom for your oncologist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and Kevin for "His peace which passeth all understanding will
    guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Love you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts