Next Steps

I've decided I'm going to join the clinical trial if they'll have me. It's a trial called EMERALD and is a randomized study, which means I'll either get the new drug they're testing or the existing one I would have gotten anyway. There are several steps to be cleared to participate and I hope to begin some of those this coming week. In particular, there is some bloodwork that needs to be sent to California to be evaluated for circulating tumor DNA and that obviously involves some turnaround time. 

I also need to wait for my other treatment drugs to clear out of my system completely before I can start the new one. I see God's care for me in this because Ibrance is a drug that is taken for 21 days, followed by 7 days off. I was just about to start my next 21-day cycle when I got the news from my scans, so I now have a week's head start on getting the drugs out of my system and will be able to begin the trial that much sooner.

I feel good about this treatment decision and am just anxious now to see which drug I'll be taking. I'm praying for the trial drug, but I thank God in advance that He knows which drug I need and will provide it. Thank you so much for all your thoughts, words, prayers, and encouragements. They enable me to face the days with more strength and cheer.

Need a cup of courage for the road ahead

Comments

  1. I am praying for you, dear one. Love you and let me know if you need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's showing you as anonymous, so I can't reach out to you, but thank you!

      Delete
  2. Praying for you and thanking God for you sweet and constant witness to us of His grace and love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts