First Round Done

It's hard to believe, but my first $10,000 is down the hatch and now I'm on my one week break from Ibrance (21 days on, 7 days off).  One of the side effects of Ibrance is low white blood cells, which increases your risk of developing a serious infection from something as benign as a cold, so I had my blood checked last week and will continue to have it checked throughout treatment.

I had to travel for work last week and was dreading having to all prepared to have to wear a mask to keep nasty germs away, but thankfully my counts were in an acceptable range and I was able to travel humiliation-free.  Except for that small incident with my skirt and the escalator...  Miffy wore the mask instead:









My time traveling and in class went really well.  Thank you so much for the prayers.  I used ThermaCare heat wraps while traveling and even after 16 hours of trains, planes, and automobiles - or rather shuttles, buses, cars, and planes - I was only in a little pain.  I had also brought a heating pad to use during class and in the evenings, but I didn't even need it.  I know that was only because of your prayers - praise God! - because the pain is definitely still present and bothersome at work.

Comments

  1. Katherine - strength just exudes from you. If someone isn't motivated by your love of the Lord and your ability to stand up and be strong, I would wonder about them. You have taught many to pray - if they haven't before. We know we can talk to God and He does listen - for me that is praying. He hears us and you are proof of His very existence. You have touched so many lives and will always continue to do so. You are a blessing to the family and you have brought much needed light to everyone around you. I rest my case Lord - just erase this cancer from our Katherine and let her continue in good health to do the work you set her out to do. You are amazing Katherine - love love.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts