Prayers Please

I had the most amazing weekend at the Strength for the Journey retreat my family got me for my birthday.  I want to write about how it impacted me and how I really did receive strength for my journey.  But what I need to do tonight is to ask for prayer.  Sunday morning I woke up with an extremely painful tongue.  It hurts to drink, eat, swallow, and talk.  Actually, "hurt" doesn't describe the pain very well.  It feels like a knife is cutting the left side of my tongue.

My doctor called in a prescription liquid that coats my mouth and numbs my tongue a bit.  I am supposed to take some, wait 20 minutes, and then try to eat.  I did that, and it numbed me enough to drink 1/3 glass of water and eat a soft pretzel, but it wore off and I am back to the terrible pain.  I can only use the prescription four times a day, but the nurse said to also take Vicodin or some other strong pain medicine for the pain.  This was supposed to be my week of feeling good before chemo again on Friday, so this is a sad development.

Your prayers are SO appreciated!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts