May I Offer You a Cup of Courage?

Last night, I was asked to join a friend's Instagram Live coffee chat this morning to say hi and tell her viewers about my mug for the day. For such an auspicious occasion (haha), I wanted to put some thought into my mug choice. The mug I use most often has a somewhat unfortunate backstory, so I chose this cutie instead:


My morning mug choice is rarely intentional, but since this morning's was, its message was on my mind all day. And the more I thought about this mug, the more thoughts I had about "a cup of courage" and how it's needed right now, by so many of us. It's needed by me, an immunocompromised person watching the country re-open, its citizens forgoing masks and the other precautions that have given me a modicum of safety these past two months. It's needed by friends facing furlough and subsequent big life decisions. It's needed by parents who've just finished two months at home with their kids only to face another three months of summer "vacation" together now, many without the camps or daycares they usually rely on. It's needed by those who choose to continue social distancing for the sake of others, despite pressure from friends to do otherwise. It's needed by all those who have lost loved ones during this time and are facing another day of grief. It's needed by our healthcare workers and all "essential" workers, as their exposure risks increase due to relaxed quarantine measures. And I'm sure there are so many others facing things that require courage as well.

So today I share my mug with you. Sip from my cup of courage if you need a dose. God is with you, wherever you go and whatever you face. May that give you courage and peace.



Comments

Popular Posts