12 Things I've Learned During Quarantine

I am still quarantining, but as the rest of the country starts reopening, I thought it would be a good time to reflect on what I've learned during quarantine - some things about myself and some tips for functioning in the world. I thought I'd share with you and encourage you to come up with your own list. Maybe you'll even share it with me?
  1. I don't hate exercise after all! I just had to find the right classes for me (Pilates and yoga, if you're wondering, plus walking and hiking to mix it up outside). I will even exercise at home if I can be part of a live session. (Thank you, Tigerlily Foundation, for providing free classes during quarantine!)
  2. Having structure in my day (webinars, scheduled exercise classes, virtual get-togethers, blocks of time calendered in for specific activities, a to-do list, etc.) makes me feel happier, more purposeful, and more productive.
  3. I need to pause the information intake (music, podcasts, audiobooks, online reading, TV shows, etc.) and allow some quiet time if I'm going to synthesize everything and formulate my own thoughts.
  4. Speaking of information intake...
    I'm going to have to be intentional about my reading material in order to read those books that will propel my thoughts forward and not just the ones that offer a great diversion. I've made a list of books I'm going to prioritize this year and a goal of how many I'll read per month.
  5. It's hard to feel sad or alone when you're surrounded by nature. Our sunroom has saved my soul from a great depression during quarantine.
  6. It is a humbling (and somewhat horrifying!) experience to see yourself on Zoom. 
  7. I can make my own grain-free bread and it's not hard or time-consuming.
  8. My husband shows his love for me via treats from the grocery store.
  9. It's good to laugh together. I recommend The Middle and Dry Bar Comedy for some clean fun.
  10. The story line of the Phantom of the Opera is pretty disturbing. I think I'll stick with just listening to it. (But thank you, Andrew Lloyd Webber, for streaming your shows for free, especially the phenomenal performance of Phantom at the Royal Albert Hall!)
  11. You can export all of your highlights from the books you read on Kindle! My Kindle is about to get a lot more use.
  12. Good stories encourage our souls and point us to The Great Story. I highly recommend the Imagination Redeemed online conference available for free on YouTube and The Green Ember series by S.D. Smith!
What have you learned over the past two months?

Comments

Popular Posts