Surgery!

Finally, surgery news I am happy to report!  Yesterday, I met with my plastic surgeon and we agreed that it is time to set the date for my final expansion surgery.  On April 30, I'll have the expanders removed and my final silicone implants put in.  Hooray!  I'll finally be able to sleep on my stomach!  I can't remember if I shared this before or not, but the expanders are rock hard (they have to be in order to push out my pecs to make room for the implants).  They jut out into my armpit, as well, so I have to be in just the right position in order to sleep on my side.  But all that will be changing in a little over a month.

It will be so nice to get back to normal, or rather, a new normal - since nothing will ever really be the same again.  My body will be permanently scarred and numb in places.  My hair is coming back a different color than it was, and it will take a long time to get any length to it.  I will probably be looking to adopt children, rather than have my own.  But God has used this journey in so many wonderful ways.  He's "enlarged my territory" (1 Chron. 4:10) of influence and allowed me to share my faith in ways I never could have without this platform to speak from.  He's introduced me to many new people who themselves have been touched by breast cancer or the BRCA genetic mutation.  He's given me the opportunity to see how much people care about me and how surrounded I am by those who love me.  And, most important of all, He's proven Himself, yet again, to be faithful, loving, kind, and more than enough for all I will ever face.  I will face my next trial with confidence, knowing nothing can ever separate me from His love (Rom. 8:39).

Comments

  1. Love this. I'm so happy for your good news, and your constant, unwavering faith during this trial has been such an inspiration to me.

    "She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come."
    Proverbs 31:25

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts