Good News/Bad News

I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first? I'll make half of you happy and give you the good news first. My mom and I booked a Viking river cruise and we leave on Sunday! 😲 A Viking river cruise has been on my bucket list since I first saw their ad on Masterpiece Theater years ago. I've never been to Europe and love everything about the idea of a river cruise. We had planned to book it before covid hit, but thankfully I'm a  procrastinator. 

But we had a brief window where things were really looking up on the covid front. And with the recent spread of my cancer to my liver, I realized that I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to handle a big trip or even travel period. So we pulled the trigger and booked the trip! Now the covid numbers aren't looking quite as good, but everyone on our cruise is vaccinated and we'll be tested daily. I'm also planning to double-mask on the plane.

And now for the bad news. I have been dealing with major digestive issues for the past month or more. I haven't written about them because poo talk is embarrassing. I probably still wouldn't be writing about them except that I'll be traveling and could really use prayer. 

We don't seem any closer to figuring out what's causing the problems, although I'm working daily with my oncologist's office to try to get everything under control. They've even had me stop taking one of my cancer drugs to see if it could be the cause, but that hasn't improved things. Hopefully, I'll be able to restart it soon and get back to fighting cancer. I'm also waiting on the results of a stool test (see, I told you it was embarrassing!)

Right now, I can't imagine wandering around Europe looking for public bathrooms or handling an eight-hour flight. Will you pray for me? First, that I'll feel better. Second, that we'll figure out what's going on. And third, that we're able to fix it. I'd also really like to be able to go back on both of my cancer drugs to ensure my cancer doesn't spread even further.

I'm so thankful for your ongoing support! It means the world to me.

Comments

  1. So proud you are going on a cruise such as this. It sounds like so much fun. Sorry to hear of poo issues, no need to be embarrassed that's part of what makes our body function. Maybe yours is more than normal but we'll all believe the reason will come to light and br fixed. You are such an inspiration to me. Name it, Claim it, in JESUS name. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have to deal with digestive problems on top of everything else, Katherine. Praying for the Lord's grace and mercy for your trip. Your posts are beautiful and inspiring--keep writing! (We need a camping update, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts