Fun and Not-So-Fun

If you don't follow me on social media (Facebook, Instagram), you will have missed my announcement that I was asked to write about my breast cancer experience for the October issue of Wildfire magazine. I'm so honored to share my experience and thrilled to have something I've written get published (!!!). 

You can subscribe to the magazine (either print or digital) here or even just get the issue I'm going to be published in, out October 15.

As for my new treatment, on Thursday I will have been on it for four weeks. I can't believe it's only been four weeks; it seems like so much longer! But I guess that's because I've been sitting for twice that amount of time with the reality that my cancer has progressed. Heavy stuff.

Regarding side effects, the majority of the time I feel about the same as I did on the Ibrance/Femara combo - a lot of fatigue and time spent in the recliner. But then there are days, sometimes a series of days, where I experience the digestive side effects unique to my new drug, elacestrant. Those days are decidedly less fun, although thankfully they do seem to come and go, rather than come to stay. (And thank goodness the toilet paper shortage appears to be over now!) 

I appreciate your continued prayers!

Comments

Popular Posts