Clinical Trial T-12 Hours

For those of you who don't follow me on social media, you didn't know that I wasn't able to start the clinical trial last week as planned. It was a huge disappointment to find out that my phosphorus level was 0.2 mg/dL higher than the allowable range and, unfortunately, it was no lower when they tested me again four days later. It seemed like this minuscule difference was going to keep me out of the study.

But because it was only elevated the tiniest bit, the clinical trial coordinator advocated on my behalf and I've been allowed to join the study after all! I start tomorrow morning. Which made today the randomization day, the day the doctors and clinical trial coordinator hit the magic button that determines which treatment I'll receive at tomorrow's appointment and for the rest of the study.

I had been hoping for the drug that's being studied, elacestrant, mainly because it's a pill and not two shots in the but-tocks (as Forest Gump says). A girl has her dignity, after all (although I hear they're very discreet). So I'm thrilled to report that I just got the call announcing that I've been randomized into the elacestrant group! 


Comments

Popular Posts