Good Results!

Last Friday, only a few hours after I finished my scans, my nurse called to give me the preliminary results. I had originally thought I'd have to wait until Tuesday to find out anything, because Monday was a holiday, but she knew I would be waiting anxiously and wanted to give me news right away. So I knew Friday evening that the preliminary results looked good, but I got the radiologist's final report earlier this week:

  • CT scan: 1. No evidence of pulmonary or nodal metastasis. 2. Unchanged sclerotic T3 vertebral body lesion, which is a known metastasis status post radiation therapy. 3. Unchanged tiny sclerotic focus in the T4 vertebral body. No new osseous lesions.
  • Bone scan: Interval decrease in tracer uptake (improvement) of known metastatic T3 vertebral body lesion. No evidence of any additional or new metastatic lesion identified on today's exam.
For those who haven't taken medical terminology, this means: nothing in my lungs, nothing new anywhere else, and improvement in the spot in my T3. Needless to say, we are all thrilled with this report! Thanks for sharing in our joy.

Comments

Popular Posts